Volunteering Participation cheque of $400 per family, post-dated to March 31, 2023, must be submitted to your team manager on or before October 15th, 2022. All cheques are to be made out to FSMSA, with Ringette in the subject section.
Active volunteering is required for the success of each athlete, their teams, and the association. To ensure that each family is involved within the association, the responsible adults of each athlete are required to volunteer for Association-sanction positions or events. Options to complete this volunteering commitment is described below:
- Actively participating and meeting the requirements of FSRA Executive Positions will fulfill the volunteering commitment for the 2022-2023 season (found in the Policy and Procedures for the Association and voted in during the AGM of the previous year). This will complete the volunteer commitment of the individual athlete and registered siblings of the same family.
- Acting as a Coach, Assistant Coach, Trainer, or Manager (i.e. Team Staff) of any Association team, so long as the required coursework is completed and verified by the Player/Coach Development Director, will fulfill the volunteering commitment for the 2022-2023 season. If someone is requesting a split position (ex. Co-managers) a discussion must take place between the Player/Coach Development Director and approved in discussion with the Volunteer Coordinator, with regards to volunteering commitment completion. Working as team staff will complete the volunteer commitment of the individual athlete and registered siblings of the same family. In order to fulfill the volunteer commitment, the Coach, Assistant Coach, Trainer or Manager must be in attendance at 50% of team functions.
- Working and contributing towards an FSRA-sanctioned event, as approved by the Volunteer Coordinator. Length of hours worked is credited at an hours-for-hours basis; if working individual events, the number of hours worked must meet or exceed 10 hours for the season, per family. Such examples include:
- Come Try Ringette Organization of Event Volunteer
- Neighbor Day Organization of Event Volunteer
- Canada Day Parade Organization of Event Volunteer
- FSRA Diamond Ring Organization of Event Volunteer
- Year-end Division or Provincial Organization of Event Volunteer
- Attendance of non-FSRA Concession Event, as required by FSMSA
- Other event, as prior approved and at the discretion of the Volunteer Coordinator
FSRA remains a member of the Castledowns Bingo Association which helps keep our registration costs affordable for all members. As such we require all of our families to work shifts at the bingo hall. Participation is mandatory upon commitment, should the member be unable to attend, the member is required to find their replacement. FSRA members must adhere to the policies of the bingo hall.
- Every family with players in U10-U19 will be expected to provide an adult (over the age of 18) to complete TWO BINGO shifts (evening BINGO is considered as two shifts).
- Active Start families will be required to complete ONE bingo if the active start is the sole member of FSRA. Active Start will be required to keep participation to afternoon bingos
Bingo Participation Cheque of $400 per family (Payable to Team Manager by October 15, 2022 and post-dated March 31, 2023).
Please note: these hours will NOT be counted as part of the mandatory 10 volunteer hours. The bingo participation cheque is in addition to the volunteer participation cheque.
You can sign up for positions HERE
The Bingo Hall location is:
You can find it on Google Maps HERE
What happens if I can’t make my scheduled bingo?·
- If you commit your name/or someone you know to work in your place and you or they cannot attend
- It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to find a replacement worker and notify fundraising
For the Bingo to run successfully and for us to make the most profit we can we need ALL positions filled.
- FSRA can be fined if we do not have enough workers to fill the positions.
For information on the bingo positions (Click here)
For information on how to verify or call back Bingo's (Click here)
For general FAQ's such as not making or scheduling bingo, Bingo Hall Rules etc. (Click Here)